- Lithuanian Bar Association
- Prior to joining ADON legal, Marius Matiukas headed Corporate and Finance practice groups at WINT law firm, was a member of the Banking & Finance practice group at TGS Baltic, he worked in Cobalt law firm, European Investment Bank, Luminor bank, Finasta and AUGA group and chaired Loan Committee of Snoras bank during the bankruptcy procedure. Marius also gives lectures on regulation on financial markets and property law at Vilnius university.
- Study on the Law Applicable to Insurance Contracts / European Commission, 27 June 2017 / available online here.
- During his legal career, Marius Matiukas has gained valuable experience in both transactional and regulatory matters
- Assisted the manager of Akropolis shopping malls in obtaining financing worth EUR 140 million. The client was granted a syndicated credit from Swedbank operating in Lithuania and the Finnish OP Corporate Bank;
- Assisted Maxima LT, the largest retailer in Lithuania, in obtaining financing worth EUR 52 million from the Nordic Investment Bank;
- Advised operator of the LNG terminal in the competitive acquisition of first of a kind in Lithuania insurance package for the LNG terminal;
- Advised a pharmaceuticals company and its local subsidiary on change of existing financing structure; the value of the transaction exceeded USD 6 billion;
- Represented two international companies respectively on a leveraged purchase and sale of two aircraft registered in Lithuania and leased to an air carrier operating in Lithuania;
- Advised bankruptcy administrator of one of the bankrupt Lithuanian banks on sale of the loan portfolio, collateral and transfer thereof, regulatory issues including the insurance of deposits and banking secrecy;
- Represented a syndicate of Scandinavian banks in connection with the restatement of a multi-currency revolving credit facilities agreement entered into with a group of companies with subsidiaries in Lithuania, whereby an aggregate amount of EUR 127 million was made available to the borrowers;
- Advised one of the largest independent investment advisory firms on a EUR 23 million investment into a car leasing and leaseback service company;
- Advised a renewable energy company on a loan facility in excess of EUR 90 million for the development of a new wind park;
- Advised a Scandinavian bank on the refinancing of loan extended by an institutional bank to a stevedoring company in excess of EUR 41 million.
Experience with regulatory matters
- Advised the European Investment Bank on structuring and implementation of financial engineering instruments in Lithuania;
- Advised the bankruptcy administrator of SNORAS bank and ŪKIO bank on various regulatory matters;
- Advising a number of financial and non-financial institutions on regulatory matters;
- Advised issuers on ad hoc and periodic public disclosure and inside trade related matters as well as trade periods and acquisition of qualifying holding as well as assisted in set-up of MAR compliance framework and audited existing MAR compliance procedures;
- Advised AUGA group on public offering and other maters related to obligation of the issuer;
- Represented client in litigation related alleged inside trading;
- Advising consumer credit providers, as well as providers of credit secured by a mortgage on various regulatory matters;
- Advised companies on establishing cash-pooling arrangements, “payment factories”, and inter-company netting;
- Represented clients in acquisition various licenses for financial activities, including taking deposits, investment and asset management services;
- Represented existing and potential shareholders of financial institutions on acquisition of the qualifying holdings;
- On the request of the Ministry of Economy prepared analysis of the feasibility of Lithuanian legal system for implementation of financial engineering instruments financed from the EU structural funds;
- Advised one of the largest Lithuanian banks on set-up for the wide acquisition of distressed assets, advised such companies on termination of activity after successful implementation of the program;
- Consults national and foreign insurance and reinsurance companies as well as other market participants on various insurance matters, including preparation of analysis on possibilities for mutual insurance in
- Lithuania, consulting on insurance and reinsurance claims;
- Advised one of the largest worldwide cryptocurrency exchanges on regulatory matters.